Friday, October 9, 2009

A Letter From Korea

As I sat and reviewed what I saw yesterday at the design museum at UC Davis, I realized that a designer's message is everywhere in society. The slightest image can make a huge statement to its audience. Even when one may not be able to completely understand the design, the idea that it leaves with the audience, speaks greatly about the designer. With that in mind, one particular design has been running circles in my mind. It is a piece done by Phil Choo, entitled A letter from Korea. The design is a digital piece printed on canvas. The print is very simple, and only involves a single letter, in the bottom left hand corner, followed by a ton of Korean Letters “pouring” out of the letter, as if it couldn’t hold any more. It spoke volumes to me, as the observer. Though I may not have been able to come up with the exact message of what the designer may have been trying to convey, I was able to formulate my own opinion about the message of the designer. When the audience is able to draw conclusions from a designer’s work, it really speaks strongly of a designer. It proves the point that even the slightest form of design, has an impact on its audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment